Bluffton Lions Foundation

Serving the Community of Bluffton, Ohio

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

The Bluffton Lions Foundation

The Bluffton Festival of Wheels is controlled by the Bluffton Lions Foundation. In March 1967, The Contemporary Historical Vehicle Association (CHV A) was formed as a club in Bluffton, dedicated to the preservation of the depression/World War II era and later vehicles. The Bluffton car show in the early years was done by several individuals and over time became a daunting task requiring the need for the Bluffton Chamber of Commerce to fill that role. In 2006 the Bluffton Lions Club became responsible for the event until July 2009 when the Bluffton Lions Foundation a 501 (c) (3) Charitable Corporation took over control of the event.

The purpose of the Bluffton Lions Festival of Wheels is to provide an area wide car show and festival event in Bluffton, Ohio that attracts car enthusiasts, provides display area where vehicles can be viewed by spectators, judging and awards given.

The Bluffton Lions Foundation is excited about being able to present other non-profit (501 (c) (3) organizations with opportunity to raise financial resources through the raffling of a Corvette. All proceeds benefit local area charities and the drawing for the vehicle will take place at the Bluffton Fall Festival.

The Bluffton Lions Club, Inc is a thriving service organization chartered on February 21, 1934 by Lions International with a current membership of 84. On March 22, 2009 a sister organization, Bluffton Lions Foundation was formed and on June 6, 2009 was approved by IRS as an exempt 501 (c) (3) public charity.

The Bluffton Lions is now in its 79th year of service to the community of Bluffton and surrounding area. The Lion’s motto is simply "We SERVE" and this busy Lions organization lives up to this creed.

Lions International of which the Bluffton Lions Club and Bluffton Lions Foundation is affiliated was established in 1917 and has developed into the world’s largest most active service organization. There are 1.35 million men and women, in 46,000 Lions clubs in over 206 countries and geographical areas around the globe.

The Bluffton Lions contribute generously to the Bluffton Hospital, Bluffton Relay for Life, VOSH Ohio, Northwest Ohio Lions Eye Care Foundation, Bluffton Culture Affairs Committee, Pilot Dog, Ohio Lions Foundations, Bluffton Bike &Pedestrian Pathway Project, Blaze of Lights,local scholarships, Girls & Boys stateand much more.

Lions are well-known for the great work done in the field of vision…from collecting and recycling used eye glasses, to supporting international vision saving programs and helping fund the training of Seeing Eye Dogs. The club is also known for providing eye care for local individuals who may be in need of financial support.

In the Lion's emblem there are two Lion profiles facing away from the center. The Lions face both past and future - showing both pride of heritage and confidence in the future. The Bluffton Lions certainly demonstrate active participation in this mission.